— Welcome to New Olympia! —
The new sports of horror has come for your entertainment! — New Olympia is a half visual novel, half top view action game.—
You are in a world where everything has collapsed, and where rich people has taken control of this world. These rich people created New Olympia, a place where the new sports of horror will happen. This event killed boredom of everyone living on the world, but a group of people seems to not agree with the New Olympia concept.
What is it all about exactly?
Discover the story while playing New Olympia!
— Ephemeral Note —
New Olympia has been developed for the hyperPad 2020 contest about sports. There are not that many content on it right now, but I managed to make something playable at least to give you. I could’ve spent more time on it to give it more content and release it sooner, but this method doesn’t fit to me. I really need to rest sometimes, and I wish you did rest too while working because it is really important.
The game is entirely made by me, I have to say it as the game cover a lot of features to it. I’m really satisfied and proud of myself doing all of this, I’m sure we could keep developing the game after the hyperPad challenge.
I also really tried to put everything on the artistic parts, because I know I’m not an amazing programmer, I wish I could be, but I know I can bring good universes in something.
There are a few bugs that I know that I’ve tried fixing before sending it to the hub, but I couldn’t fix anything and it kind of tired me. I would understand if you’re mad, I didn’t try my absolute best. But I can give you the list of bugs already known:
* Keep playing the "Earn or Die" game will decrease performance and get the app crashed at some point.
* Music that doesn’t syncs/loops well.
* The score is not reliable.
* Anything is not well optimized.
* **one crucial bug that needs to be fixed** The animations of the camera and the rotation of the character doesn’t work if the scene is preloaded, if the scene opens without refreshing it, if it opens/restart from an overlay. So restarting the scene is not possible yet, and better optimization are not possible too.
I hope these bugs could be fixed in the future. If you find new bugs in the game, please report it in the comments below. Don’t forget to give an upvote if you liked it, it would really means a lot to me. I love you all, be safe!